Cathodic Protection/Integrity Engineer
Your Opportunity: Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
Our Oil & Gas team is currently seeking an Intermediate Cathodic Protection/Integrity Engineer to join our Integrity group in the Markham office.
The primary roles of the Cathodic Protection/Integrity Engineer are:
- Design and evaluation of Cathodic Protection (CP) systems
- To perform AC interference modeling and mitigation design
- To perform third party reviews of reports and designs related to corrosion, cathodic protection, and AC interference
- To support clients' Pipeline and Facility Safety Management Systems
- Delivery of accurate, timely and cost effective integrity services that meet client, Stantec and industry/regulatory standards
- Keep current on applicable pipeline and integrity codes and standards
- Design CP systems, and AC and DC interference mitigation systems
- Assessment of CP and AC interference survey data
- Third party review of CP and AC interference designs, reports, and inspection and commissioning data.
- Modelling of complex pipeline and powerline geometries using specialized computer software, including extensive data input and analysis
- Perform engineering calculations (resistance, current distribution, ground potential rise, etc.)
- Coordinate engineering aspects of installation of AC mitigation and cathodic protection systems
- Develop detailed designs as required and collaborate with drafting personnel to prepare design drawing packages
- Potential field work consisting of soil resistivity testing, structure potentials, right-of-way evaluations, and constructability assessments for AC mitigation and cathodic protection systems
- Prepare technical assessment and design reports, as well as procedures and specifications
- Support maintenance and updates to assessment criteria in accordance with evolving industry practices and stay abreast of emerging technologies
- Other integrity and pipeline engineering responsibilities including participating in varying projects on an as needed basis
- Liaise with other divisions
- Comply with Stantec's EH&S program, with a focus on safety in the field
- Adhere to Stantec's engineering Quality System
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- University Degree in an engineering discipline (corrosion/electrical or materials engineering is preferred)
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) license or eligible for PEO EIT status
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience as a corrosion, CP or integrity engineer/EIT required.
- Minimum NACE certification level CP2 is required; NACE certification CP3 preferred.
- Coatings experience and/or certification beneficial, but not required
- AC interference mitigation experience beneficial, but not required.
- Strong technical proficiency
- Sound interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Demonstrated technical proficiency
- Proven initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word and mapping tools such as Google Earth and AbaData
This is a full-time position available immediately.
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top