Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff covering 20 technical specialties, we know what to look for and we know how to get the job done-the right way. A national team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions to often complex environmental issues. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec is currently seeking a full-time CADD/GIS Technician to provide technical support on a variety of projects. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies throughout the mid-Atlantic, and our regulatory knowledge and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals.
- Preparation of Right of way easement plats in support of a utility contract. Other duties would include preparation of environmental inventory maps, site plans, permit support graphics and report graphics
- Preparation of customized maps for clients and ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Interaction with clients to secure and transmit digital information
- Participation in team and independent based work
- Check discipline-related drawings and documents
- Ensure drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards
- Ensure drawings are dimensionally clear, complete and correct
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 1-3 years of drafting/design/CADD/GIS experience
- High-level CAD drafting skills using AuoCadd 2014
- The ability to utilize/import raster and vector data including digital orthophotos, global positioning data, and geographic information system data
- Excellent computer skills including practical knowledge of Computer Assisted Drafting/Design (CADD), MS Office and other related applications
- Experience in reading and interpreting land plans
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top