Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec is currently seeking a full-time CADD Tech to provide technical support on a variety of projects. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies throughout the mid-Atlantic, and our regulatory knowledge and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of Right of way easement plats in support of a utility contract. Other duties would include preparation of environmental inventory maps, site plans, permit support graphics and report graphics
- Preparation of customized maps for clients and ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Interaction with clients and public regarding project details
- Participation in team and independent based work
- Check discipline-related drawings and documents
- Ensure drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards
- Ensure drawings are dimensionally clear, complete and correct
- High-level CAD drafting skills using Aoudad 2014
- The ability to utilize/import raster and vector data including digital orthophotos, global positioning data, and geographic information system data
- Ability to develop/edit design as required
- Excellent computer skills including practical knowledge of Computer Assisted Drafting/Design (CADD), MS Office and other related applications
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Experience in reading and interpreting land plans
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top