Your Opportunity As 3,000 Environmental Services staff covering 20 technical specialties, we know what to look for and we know how to get the job done-the right way. A national team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions to often complex environmental issues. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a mid-level to senior Computer Assisted Drafting/Design ( CADD) Specialist to provide technical support on a variety of stream, water resource and transportation projects. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements. You will act as a single point of contact to effectively communicate between the various disciplines the required CAD standards and operate the quality control software for all projects. A key responsibility for this position is to ensure the quality of the plan production is meeting or exceeding project standards.
- Provides CAD support, specialized training, development, and production
- Preparation of conceptual and construction plans for stream restoration, stormwater management, water quality improvement projects, plats, environmental inventory maps, permit support graphics, and report graphics.
- Preparation of customized maps for clients and ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Production of drawings and engineering support for local, state, and federal permits
- Interaction with clients to secure and transmit digital information.
- Participation in team and independent based work.
- Checking discipline-related drawings and documents.
- Ensuring drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards.
- Ensuring drawings are dimensionally clear, complete and correct.
- Assists with developing systems to enhance productivity and coordinating projects with internal/external contacts
- Occasional attendance of workshops/seminars for introduction to the newest software in the transportation field.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- AA Degree, technical diploma or vocational training
- Minimum 5-10 years of drafting/design/CADD experience
- Advanced CADD drafting skills using recent versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with Bentley Microstation V8i and Inroads/Geopack
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Experience with Maryland State Highway Administration CAD Standards
- Demonstrated project setup ability and familiarity with common industry protocols including National CAD standards
- Experience in reading and interpreting engineering design plans
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
- Ability to work with technologists/engineers for work planning
- Supervisory skills including the hiring and review of staff
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top