The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Engineering Design work, we challenge ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration- meaningful and memorable spaces that are designed for community. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Your Key Responsibilities
Our Hauppauge, NY office has an opportunity for a CAD/BIM leader to fulfill the following duties:
- Model Management working on multi-discipline collaborative BIM projects including tasks such as model start-up, managing/developing project specific content, coordinating model development/sharing across multiple disciplines, performing model audits and assisting Project Managers with task assignments in Revit.
- Creating 3D and 2D model geometry to the appropriate Levels of Development to respond to project requirements.
- Coordinate and regularly communicate with other BIM and CAD leaders to ensure consistency and adoption of new techniques, standards and software platforms.
- Provide hands-on technical and production support to local office staff.
- Conduct knowledge assessments, schedule and lead individual training sessions and office-wide learning (lunch and learns) sessions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
In addition to experience in performing the responsibilities above, candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working as part of a team focused on the development and maintenance of standards and best practices.
- Experience building document sets including view and sheet creation, 2D detailing and annotations.
- Experience generating 3D renderings.
- Proficient in Revit Architecture. Working knowledge of Revit MEP and Structure a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD Architecture & MEP
- Experience with Navisworks a plus
- Experience with Revit Server and BIM 360 a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD Project Navigator and Sheet manager a plus
- Experience with Lumion, Enscape, 3D Studio Max, or other rendering software a plus.
Education and Experience
- 5 years architectural or engineering office working experience
- Two or Four Year Accredited Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- BIM Implementation Experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-New York-Hauppauge
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900028S
Back to top