CAD Technician/ Inspector
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Transportation. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking talented CAD Technician to join our Bridge Team in Laurel, MD. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment. Involvement will consist of working on challenging infrastructure related projects.
Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technicians on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As an integral member of the transportation team, the CAD Technician produces construction documents to fulfill clients' goals. This position may also be responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other CAD Designers/Operators or Engineers.
- Relevant basic drawing elements for this position include, but are not limited to, surfaces (DTM), roadway and utility alignments, profiles and cross-sections. Relevant projects may include, but are not limited to, site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway improvement plans cross sections, traffic control plans, earthwork calculations, intersection layouts and applicable standard details.
- Create, maintain and edit design drawings and construction plans for transportation as required utilizing Microstation and InRoads software packages.
- Preparing high quality plans by utilizing engineering calculations, notes, sketches, etc. as prepared by engineers; using geometry and structural components for accurate descriptions of components and completed structures
- Participate in inspection service work alongside Team Leader for simple and complex bridges
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Relevant software programs may include MicroStation, InRoads, GIS, Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Willingness to perform field work as necessary; visit job sites to assist in bridge and roadway inspection work when required. This field experience will help develop a better understanding of bridge and roadway assets from a CADD perspective.
Education and Experience
- 2-5 years' experience utilizing Microstation software.
- Associate degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
- Experience working in the field on construction sites
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003IL
Back to top