CAD Technician - Electrical - Buildings
Your Opportunity Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in architecture, interior design, engineering, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Focused on providing the most cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Our Kamloops office is seeking a talented CAD Technician - Electrical - Buildings to join our office as a result of our expanding work. The right candidate will have experience in the area of building services (electrical) projects as well as AutoCAD and ideally Revit experience.
This is an opportunity to grow in a multi-disciplinary practice involved in both public and private projects ranging from commercial, industrial and healthcare projects. You can be a real contributor within this group with your technical expertise and people skills!
Your Duties The ideal candidate will have experience in power distribution, controls, lighting design, fire alarm and communications systems of various building types and sectors. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with initiative who is looking for a challenging opportunity to grow their career.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 1 or 2 year diploma in CAD Technology with a focus on Electrical Systems and, ideally at least one year of post-graduation experience in the design of power distribution, communication, lighting and life safety systems in buildings projects
- Experience in consulting engineering environment is strongly preferred but not essential
- National and Provincial Code knowledge
- Green building design strategies an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability is essential in your work with mullet-disciplinary team members and clients
- Proficiency in AutoCAD in buildings projects is a must and experience using Revit is highly desirable
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top