CAD Technician / Designer
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their
fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In this position as a CAD Designer, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- In coordination with engineers and other designers/technicians produce construction drawings and plan set using computer-aided drafting programs (mainly AutoCAD Civil 3D, but knowledge of additional CAD software is a plus).
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Completes tasks on projects including preparing plan and profiles for utilizes and roadways, grading and drainage plans, cut and fill calculations, calculating flow lines of wastewater and storm sewer gravity systems, and preparing site plans.
- Closely teamwork with project managers, engineers and technicians in designing site and land development projects and public roadway projects.
- Work closely with project managers and engineers in recommending the best use of CAD tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with CAD tools.
- Perform thorough quality control of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others effectively on large complex projects.
- Ability to work independently on small projects under the guidance of project managers / engineers.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements of greater Houston metro area including City of Houston and surrounding municipalities, Harris County and surrounding counties.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Able to work with 3D surface, pipe network, roadway design (corridor), setting CAD templates, and manage / coordinate uniform plan set production in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Proficiency other relevant software programs such as MicroStation, Inroads, GIS, etc. is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000D5
Back to top