- Charlotte, NC
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We're driving the future of Community Development infrastructure. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Community Development group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Whether it's for a new phase, a new neighborhood, revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With a full range of services, we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec's newly established office in Greenville, SC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced CAD Technician. Stantec is seeking a driven individual to provide drafting and design support for Project Managers, Engineers, and/or Sr. Designers/Technicians during the planning, design and construction of local and regional land development projects. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The technician will utilize AutoCAD to translate mark-ups into drawings, check and plot drawings, correctly label final working drawings, and update contract drawings and specifications.
- This position is also responsible for setting up and maintaining standard drawing files in accordance with company drafting and related standards as applicable to each project, obtaining work assignments of specific design elements from supervisors, completion of tasks with in the allocated budget/schedule, and reviewing all work for completeness and accuracy.
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Candidates must be proficient in land-based CAD drafting and have Autodesk Civil 3-D Experience.
- Must have good communication skills and able to work with a team.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Relevant software programs may also include GIS, AutoTurn, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Office
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant CAD experience in general civil and site development related work to include roads, drainage, grading and utilities projects (8 to 10 years preferred)
- Associate degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience and accreditation
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
The newly established Greenville office of Stantec is an energetic and diverse environment. Working with design professionals across the region we utilize a 'one team' approach on the delivery of projects and collaboration with others providing excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning. We are committed to design with community in mind.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000TW
Back to top