CAD Technician, Bridges
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, inspection and engineering services for all phases of transit, roadway, bridge, heavy rail, and trail system projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Bridge CAD Technician/Designer in our Denver office. Join our Denver team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties: You will prepare technical drawings for bridge design projects using your keen understanding of geometry and structure components along with direction provided by structural team members. You should be able to work under minimal supervision as you estimate, organize and perform the tasks necessary to complete assigned projects successfully. Candidates must have at least two years of experience with CDOT, RTD, CCD, Class I Railroads, Caltrans or other similar transportation clients.
Additionally, your duties include:
- Work within MicroStation and ProjectWise following internal or client driven CAD standards
- Verify current client standard drawings are being used and current detailing and plan preparation manuals are utilized
- Prepare bridge layout and bridge detail plans as directed by the project engineers
- Detail plan sheets for retaining walls, sound walls, culverts, and other facilities for rail and highway transportation projects
- Set up project work spaces, plot drivers, pen tables, border files, reference files, etc. in MicroStation
- Coordinate the organizing, printing and binding of construction plans
- Adhere to client-specific quality control process
- Work as a team with solid communication, time management and an eye for detail
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology is preferred
- Excellent computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) skills using MicroStation V8i is required; AutoCAD experience a plus but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience required
- Experience producing CDOT and/or RTD Bridge Layouts and Detail plan sheets is preferred; experience producing roadway plan sheets is a plus
- Experience in large project delivery and working with engineers and other CAD staff in the management of CAD production is preferred
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Good driving record and valid drivers license required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top