CAD Technician - Bridges
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, inspection and engineering services for all phases of transit, roadway, bridge, heavy rail, and trail system projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Bridge CAD Technician in our Edmonton office. Join our Edmonton team and help us keep communities connected.
- Preparing functional/preliminary/detailed/construction drawings.
- Performing quantity take-offs.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others.
- Performing shop drawing reviews.
- Assisting in general office drawing production needs.
- Regularly implementing CAD manual guidelines for multiple jurisdictions.
- Following project quality management plans.
- Ensuring that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of bridges and transportation related structures experience including design development, drafting and detailed design; experience with a consulting engineering environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of local bridge design standards is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability is essential in your work with multi-disciplinary team members and clients; a strong work ethic is required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision and high personal standards for quality control.
- Good writing skills required in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and related project documentation.
- Experience in Design-build projects is preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency is essential; MicroStation proficiency is also preferred; Civil 3D experience required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top