Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In this position as a CAD Technician, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technicians on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including design changes, site layouts, dimension control plans, redlining, plotting and drafting.
- Perform preliminary engineering calculations and develop preliminary designs
- Revise drawings, copies existing drawings and completes simple calculations.
- Work collaboratively with Project Engineers and Project Managers to assist in planning, design, CAD drafting and preparation of construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates in connection with a variety of civil engineering projects.
- May perform field surveys for drawing development, site reviews, and as recorded drawings
- Communicate with other team members and become familiar with Stantec standards
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understands basics of enhanced 3D Software and knowledge of CAD Standards.
- Basic knowledge of software programs including AutoCAD, GIS, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190001RR
Back to top