CAD Designer- Water
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
The Water group provides client-focused solutions in planning, design, bidding, and construction administration with treatment plants and linear utility projects. We also provide engineering electrical and instrumentation, pumping equipment selection, equipment and materials specification. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including Waste Water Treatment Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Waterline, Storm sewer, sanitary sewer, and development projects.
We are seeking a professional and dynamic CAD Technician to join our Water group in North Carolina.
Your Duties: The successful candidate will
- Coordinate project drawings with Project Managers, CAD staff and others
- Ensure project needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Liaise with drafting coordinators supporting other disciplines in the region
- Participate in design and preparation of engineering drawings using the appropriate internal and external standards
- Prepare plan, section, detail, schematic and construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Ensure all drawings are in accordance with client specific requirements and company procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Diploma in Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited college
- Minimum two(2) years of relevant experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and consistently demonstrate a willingness to strive for excellence
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction and legal drawings
- A willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top