CAD Designer - Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity As a CAD Designer/Technician you will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks for large and small projects in a team environment on a variety of water infrastructure projects including water and wastewater plants, pump stations, water supply, distribution, etc. You will also be involved in the use and development of advanced CAD/BIM technologies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD/BIM platforms noted below.
- Will work closely with engineers and senior designers on assigned projects.
- Coordinates submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of models and sheet files for standards compliance, discipline coordination and ensure comments have been addressed by the responsible CAD Technician and others as required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to Autocad, Civil 3D, Revit, Infraworks, Autodesk Recap, Navisworks, Autocad Electrical, Autocad PID, Microstation, Inroads, Descartes, Navigator, OPM and OPPID.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability to work with pointclouds to model existing facilities and features.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations.
- Experience with process mechanical systems, wet infrastructure, and structural design associated with water and wastewater treatment plants and collection and distribution systems.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top