- Denver, CO
The Colorado transportation team is a vibrant group, focused on delivering innovative solutions for today's civic challenges. Building on each other's talents, we collaborate across all disciplines-from environmental, water, power, digital technologies, and more-to make our communities safer, more resilient, and exciting places to live and work.
We encourage our team to push the limits in an entrepreneurial and energetic environment, focusing on developing our team's skillsets while advancing individual careers. We routinely engage with experts throughout North America, making the most of today's technology and being the first to create new ones. With 22,000 employees worldwide and more than 600 in Colorado, you will have access to global expertise while working alongside our close-knit regional team.
We're driving the future of transportation infrastructure. This is a place to apply your passion and grow with endless opportunities to help advance communities, today and tomorrow.
Stantec is seeking a talented, eager, team-focused CAD Designer to join our Transportation Team in Denver, CO focused on roadway/highway design and/or site/civil design. This position is a launch pad for a long term career in the engineering and design industry. You will serve as an integral part of our delivery team from project inception through final plan set production. This position will support our engineers in the setup of initial sheets for project location and client standards, engage in engineering design, and deliver project solutions to today's civic challenges. A strong focus will be on advancing your CAD capabilities with strong initiative and motivation to advance into a senior designer with 3D skillsets.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design of streets, roadways, highways, intersections, and interchanges to meet local, state and federal requirements.
- Create detailed civil drawings and layouts using computer-aided design software including AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Assist engineers to produce plan sets for clients while adhering to discipline-specific CAD standards.
- Prepare construction drawings to include roadway, traffic, drainage, utilities, and final plans and specifications.
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to the drawings as requested.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with and/or ability to learn Civil 3D, InRoads, or OpenRoads Designer preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Ability to learn 3D modeling techniques and work in a 3D model-based project.
- Experience preparing final design plans and specifications.
- Good problem solving and technical writing skills and good understanding of the basics of the discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
- 3 years of related work experience in roadway/highway design or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- High School Diploma, Associates degree in Technology preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000012K
Back to top