Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's a residential subdivision, a commercial plaza, or an urban park. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused CAD Designer to join our team in Salt Lake City, Utah As an integral member of the land development team, the CAD Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients' goals.
Essential functions will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Produces construction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of software and how to apply it to company procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of all horizontal/vertical design requirements.
- Organizes construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- Produces large scale, complex drawings.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD files and other documents.
- Communicates effectively with other team members.
- Demonstrates understanding of client, project and team requirements.
- Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Produces simple site plan layouts with basic direction from engineering staff.
- Proficient in cut and fill calculations.
- Calculates slopes and inverts (flow lines) of storm sewer and wastewater systems.
- Produces and completes basic utility alignments and profiles.
- Prepares layout site plans from basic concept to first draft.
- Works in conjunction with Engineer on preliminary design of site, grading, water/wastewater layout, storm sewer layout.
- Relevant basic drawing elements for this position include, but are not limited to surfaces, corridors and utility alignments
- Projects may include, but are not limited to site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, traffic control, earthwork calculations, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm sewer design, intersection layouts and applicable standard details.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 3-5 years' relevant experience in linear work such as roads, water and sewer projects.
- Associate's Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation is preferred.
- Proficient in software skills in Civil 3D, including grading, pipes, profiles, corridors.
- Relevant software programs may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, Micro-Station & GEOPSK,AutoTurn and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top