We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking to hire a CAD Designer to assist the Mississippi transportation practice. Candidate will be an integral participant in the office, providing technical and other office support.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produce design drawings in MicroStation, AutoCAD, GEOPAK, and Open Roads
- Organizing and maintaining design file structure and design calculations
- Facilitating and insuring the quality of the drawings produced by the team
- Communicating with other team members during the design process
- Ensure applicable standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during the design process
- Work to meet project timelines
- Aid Engineering staff as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with a design team
- Candidates must be proficient in CAD drafting
- Experience in preparing highway construction documents including plans, specifications and cost estimates is preferred
Associates degree (A.A) in Civil Engineering Technology or a related degree.
0-2 Years of experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top