MWH Constructors is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Buyer/Subcontracts Administrator to support watewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Hillsboro, OR
Each day, this position will ensure timely delivery of procured construction materials, equipment and services in accordance with MWH corporate strategies and work collaboratively with internal and external team members to achieve client objectives. This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting support activities associated with the purchasing and subcontracting of construction services as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated professional with a college degree and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally. Experience supporting procurement and subcontracts related functions in a construction or facilities management environment is preferred.
• Serve as the construction buyer and coordinate the procurement of construction goods, materials, equipment and services.
• Administer purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations.
• Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
• Recommend source selections, and working with Contracts and Risk teams, plan and participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders. Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
• Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Administer purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
• Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
• Support the development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
• Work with project teams, and corporate Contracts and Procurement Managers to:
a. Develop project specific subcontracting and procurement plans as needed,
b. Identify project applicable subcontracting and procurement requirements,
c. Conduct subcontractor and supplier solicitations and MWBE outreach as needed, including working to encourage and enhance the participation of the local subcontracting community,
d. Develop request for qualification packages and bid packages
• Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
• Prepare proposal deliverables, including the pricing of materials, labor estimates, and narratives.
• Work closely with project teams and corporate Contracts, Procurement and Risk teams to ensure a successful construction contracting and procurement program.
• Assist Construction Contracts and Procurement Managers in providing other support services and reporting as requested
Subcontracts Administrator Duties:
• Perform subcontract administration duties, including subcontract formation, change order processing, contractual compliance, invoice verification, administration and performance evaluation.
• Support the compilation of request for proposal documents, correspondence control, subcontract document file maintenance, and preparation of reports.
• Provide support services including prequalification of bidders, coordination of assigned subcontract packages, and tracking of subcontract activity and progress information.
• Participate in recommendations of source selections, participate in subcontract negotiations, and prepare and issue assigned subcontracts under direction of Contracts Manager.
• Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution.
• Assist with evaluation of facts surrounding subcontract-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution. Review subcontracts and purchase agreements prior to distribution and signature to ensure conformance to MWHC policies and procedures and good contracting practices.
• Develop and maintain the database of potential and qualified subcontractors, and their performance history records.
Assist Contract Managers with expediting follow-up with subcontractors and suppliers on agreements, insurance and bonds, approval documentation (including assisting with training project teams).
• Prepare proposal deliverables, including the pricing of subcontracted services.
• Assist Contracts and Procurement Managers and project teams in interfacing with Owner, A/E, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure appropriate purchasing and subcontracting requirements are met and issues are resolved.
• Assist Contracts and Risk Teams with audits of project subcontracting efforts to ensure risk/contracting policies are maintained.
• Assist Contracts and Procurement Managers in providing other support services as requested.
• Support effective management of change activity.
• Provide effective communications with subcontractors and project team members.
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field.
• 5 years of relevant subcontracts, procurement and/or construction contracting experience, with significant experience in the various forms of construction contracts administration and procurement procedures.
• Minimum 3 years' experience utilizing the MS Office Suite.
•Must be highly organized, be flexible, be expedient, be able to work independently but also be a committed team player.
•Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites as needed.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top