Buyer - Heavy Civil Construction
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Buyer to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client located in the Phoenix, AZ metro area.
This position will ensure timely purchase of construction materials, equipment and services in accordance with MWHC corporate strategies and work collaboratively with internal and external project team members to achieve client objectives.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies.
• Serve as the construction buyer of construction goods, materials, equipment and services.
• Administer purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations.
• Prepare bidder lists, pre-qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
• Recommend source selections, and working with Contracts and Risk teams, plan and participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders. Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
• Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Administer purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
• Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
• Support the development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
• Work with project teams, and corporate Contracts and Procurement Managers to:
a. Develop project specific subcontracting and procurement plans as needed,
b. Identify project applicable subcontracting and procurement requirements,
c. Conduct subcontractor and supplier solicitations and MWBE outreach as needed, including working to encourage and enhance the participation of the local subcontracting community,
d. Develop request for qualification packages and bid packages
• Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
• Prepare proposal deliverables, including the pricing of materials, labor estimates, and narratives.
• Liaison closely between corporate procurement, local Procurement Manager and Procurement Expeditor, on-site construction team, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure procured services and/or material deliveries are on time and within budget.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with material providers and subcontractors.
• Assist Procurement Manager in providing other support services and reporting as requested.
• High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and/or related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years material/equipment purchasing experience
• Purchasing experience of industrial construction goods and services.
• Excellent communicative, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
• Committed and experienced team player
• Equivalent combination of related experience and technical training may be substituted.
• Competent in the use Microsoft business suite of software
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top