Grow with the best. Join a
smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence.
Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise,
our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our
Your Opportunity, The Office
Business Leader will work together with the Business Center Leadership Team and
the other Regional Office Business Leaders to grow and develop our team; develop
client relationships; lead business development activities; lead best
operational practices; provide senior project management and team oversight;
drive project quality; and continue our growth & success in the Tri-State
region. The Office Business Leader will play a pivotal role in leading the way
in diversifying our client and project base and leading our teams for
successful project execution. The Office
Business Leader will set goals for success of the Hauppauge office and drive to
achieve these goals in alignment with Business Center and overall Stantec
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of architects, engineers, designers and support staff.
- Build a high performing, sustainable team.Embrace team diversity and drive for highlyengaged employees.
- Development and maintenance of industry relationships andvisibility with current and prospective clients, sub consultants, partners andpotential recruits.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Drive compliance with Stantec's Project Management Frameworks.
- Review and write proposals with clear scope, budgets andschedules.
- Identify staffing needs and hire to build a sustainable team.
- Drive for operational excellence.
- Work with other offices to align project requirements to availableresources.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience building a successful team within the engineering /architecture consulting industry.
- Business Development experience with a large volume organization
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strongclient relationships.
- Extensive experience in managing responses to Requests forProposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Understanding of the consulting engineering and architecturebusiness.
- Experience leading a team of 20-40 staff members integrated into amuch larger organization.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Experience as a project manager and leadership of a projectmanagement team.
- Strong experience with project financial, scope and schedule management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in architecture, engineering, or business.Minimum of 12-15 years of experience ina combined technical, project management, and business management role
- Position will primarily work in an office setting, but willrequire client visits, which may require some field work.
This description is not a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be
required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may
be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Stantec is a
place where the best and brightest come to build on each other.
Job: Business Operations
Primary Location: United States-New York-Hauppauge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002W5
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top