Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Your Opportunity, The Office Business Leader will work together with the Business Center Leadership Team and the other Regional Office Business Leaders to grow and develop our team; develop client relationships; lead business development activities; lead best operational practices; provide senior project management and team oversight; drive project quality; and continue our growth & success in the Tri-State region. The Office Business Leader will play a pivotal role in leading the way in diversifying our client and project base and leading our teams for successful project execution. The Office Business Leader will set goals for success of the Hauppauge office and drive to achieve these goals in alignment with Business Center and overall Stantec goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of architects, engineers, designers and support staff.
- Build a high performing, sustainable team. Embrace team diversity and drive for highly engaged employees.
- Development and maintenance of industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub consultants, partners and potential recruits.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Drive compliance with Stantec's Project Management Frameworks.
- Review and write proposals with clear scope, budgets and schedules.
- Identify staffing needs and hire to build a sustainable team.
- Drive for operational excellence.
- Work with other offices to align project requirements to available resources.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience building a successful team within the engineering / architecture consulting industry.
- Business Development experience with a large volume organization
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Extensive experience in managing responses to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Understanding of the consulting engineering and architecture business.
- Experience leading a team of 20-40 staff members integrated into a much larger organization.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Experience as a project manager and leadership of a project management team.
- Strong experience with project financial, scope and schedule management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in architecture, engineering, or business. Minimum of 12-15 years of experience in a combined technical, project management, and business management role
- Position will primarily work in an office setting, but will require client visits, which may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other.
Back to top