Business Development Professional/Senior Project Manager - Land Development
We're excited about the opportunity for you to join our Community Development team in Dallas TX. Your skills and experience will provide a key contribution to the business development and project delivery needs of the Houston area and support the overall health and success of the region both now and into the future.
Your role as a Business Development Professional/Project Manager is to work together with business center leaders to develop client relationships, lead business development activities, pursue opportunities in public and private sectors, support project delivery, and continue our growth & success in the South Central region. You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base and in efforts to position the firm to acquire new business. Further, you will have responsibility as Project Manager for projects in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub consultants, partners and potential recruits with a primary focus in Houston, Texas and the surrounding area.
- Identification of major/strategic/transformational projects associated with top clients/prospects coming on line in the next one to three-year horizon.
- Understand procurement, market trends and business outlook within sectors.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Perform client needs assessments in coordination with Sector/Regional leadership for clients within the Account Management program.
- Translate client/business needs into effective business development strategies and corresponding marketing collateral and selling material.
- Meet and build relationships with targeted clients with the objective of introducing Stantec and increasing our exposure for that specific program and project pursuit and related ones.
- Develop and/or assist in defining overall team project pursuit plan win strategy.
- Lead and/or assist with proposal development.
Project Management and Project Roles
- Manage multiple projects including scope, budget and schedule.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team and prepares regular reports to client.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of both client and subcontracts project contract terms and conditions.
- Provides technical leadership for site development projects, including supervising the work of other engineers, setting the priorities for their scope of work, their budgets, and their schedules for completing the work, and advising on technical problems and evaluating others' work for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Leads the technical preparation and coordination of the process design, project detailed design, project specifications with construction documents, including technical documentation from equipment suppliers/vendors (e.g., proposals, contracts, shop drawings, deliverables, scope of supply, deliverables, test data, etc.) to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Support Project Manager(s) with technical evidenced proposals as project issues arise with clients, contractors, equipment suppliers/vendors, or reviewing agencies.
- Engages in leadership in professional organizations that align with expertise; writes technical papers and delivers technical presentations for conference and symposia events.
- Reviews and conducts alternative analyses to support business case evaluations for making project decisions.
- Recognizes when technical problems and business risks are developing and initiates corrective actions.
- Develops strategies for minimizing impacts and constraints due to environmental and permitting requirements.
- Understands and implements industry standards and manuals as well as client and regulatory agencies standards and requirements.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Extensive Business Development experience with a large volume organization.
- Deep understanding of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Intimate knowledge of industry trends and industry leaders.
- Extensive experience in responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Efficient project management/technical leadership on multiple concurrent projects.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Technical expert in many relevant areas of design and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering desired
Licensed Professional Engineer desired
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003AM
Back to top