Business Development Manager, Buildings Engineering (Business Center Sector Leader)
Your Opportunity: The ongoing success of Stantec's Buildings Group is highly dependent on the quality and performance of our leaders. The Buildings Leadership team works collectively to guide and support local Leadership within the Buildings Group. The Buildings Group is comprised of approximately 3,600 staff in six countries and 75+ offices.
The Buildings group in Burlington, MA is searching for an individual to work together with the other office leaders to develop client relationships, to lead business development activities and continue our growth and success in our current market sectors and in diversifying our client and project base. We are looking for a Senior Level Mechanical Engineer with strong technical knowledge of HVAC/building mechanical systems involving a variety of governmental, commercial, and industrial facilities.
This senior-level position reports to the Regional Business Leader for Buildings, US Northeast and works collaboratively with Stantec's Buildings Leadership team in the US New England area.
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center, and working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics
- Leading local business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans.
- Leading growth in revenue for local projects and documenting progress using action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
- Attracting key staff to Stantec's Buildings team to facilitate growth.
- Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with business center, regional, and national sector leadership to achieve key performance indicators.
- Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Developing and stewarding marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Working with other business developers, practitioners, and marketing teams within Stantec to assist in growing the Buildings business.
- Supporting overall Buildings Sector leadership in strategic pursuits.
- Developing, reviewing, and approving proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 15+ years of experience in the Buildings Engineering industry within a consulting environment.
- PE required
- Professional design experience for commercial and/or Industrial HVAC systems.
- Plumbing and/or fire Protection experience preferred
- LEED AP or CEM, energy/sustainability engineering experience considered advantageous.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, Leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top