Business Development Lead - MidAtlantic Power/Plant/Industrial
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
As the Mid Atlantic Business Development Leader Plant Services/ Power/Industrial, you will be responsible for business development and client management for the region. We seek a driven individual who can communicate, interact and manage clients in the region, as well as a self-starter who is willing to make initial client contacts to develop new business and new client relationships. The position requires an individual with exceptional communication skills and ability to coordinate/develop/execute the business development plan for the Mid Atlantic.
The successful candidate should possess a comprehensive understanding of power plant operations, configurations and plant retrofit.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance, and collaboration with the overall Mid Atlantic team
- Develop project opportunities with existing and new clients in the region
- Develop working relationships with other Stantec business centers for regional sales and networking
- Manage proposal development processes including conducting post-proposal interviews, recording responses and preparing recommendations for future opportunities.
- Lead projects as project manager
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Plant Management / Operations / Engineering
- Managed - Capital Projects and Budgets
- Construction, Start-up & Commissioning
- Project Management / Construction Management
- Marketing and Business Development
- Proposal Development including defining Scopes of Work, Estimating and Scheduling
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of project finance, budgeting and business case development
- Strong technical construction understanding and background including optimization of design and value engineering.
- Experience utilizing project delivery models such as design-build, construction management, design-bid-build, and various hybrid options.
- Experience preparing development, project and design briefs, Terms of Reference, and selecting and retaining consultants (local and international)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certificate in Project Management and/or Professional Engineer
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, including registration with a respective professional organization, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience
- Minimum 10 plus years of engineering, project management and business development experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Business Development Professional
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Wall Township
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001X2
Back to top