Business Centre Sector Leader (Buildings), Waterloo
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity The role of Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) is integral to the success of the office and to Stantec. We believe all of our leaders should remain engaged in projects, and contribute in a meaningful way to making our clients more successful.
Your Key Responsibilities The BCSL reports directly to the Regional Business Leader (RBL), and has the following responsibilities:
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center, and working collaboratively with the other Business Center Leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Leading local business development pursuits, and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Working with the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) and other BC leaders, assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Supporting overall Buildings Sector leadership and Account Managers in strategic pursuits.
- Establish a culture of design excellence in all our pursuits.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the BC
- Assist the BCML and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) on the Career Development and Performance Review (CDPR) process and ongoing dialogue for staff, salary reviews, and bonus evaluations.
- Working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals across Stantec.
- Collaborate with Regional and National Sector Leader's (SL'S) to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
- Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering)
- Developing and stewarding marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, relationship management and client surveys.
- Overseeing post-win deliverables internal to Stantec (i.e. key performance indicators, community site articles, Spark articles, information to Marketing for SMKC and pipeline, etc.).
- Maintain presence within local and regional award submissions and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material.
- Assist in the development of a PR strategy at the local level in concert with Stantec's public relations strategy.
- Be responsible for developing and managing the Sector portion of the BC M&BD plan including implementation of 'must win' strategies for growing net revenue within the BC and Region.
- Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
- Assist in development of the annual business plan and budget for the BC.
- Partner with the BCML and BCDL in the review and finalization of the budget.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Ontario market.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Waterloo is considered a strong asset).
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- The Business Centre Sector Leader must be an individual who has the strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Waterloo.
- Professional Degree and registration preferred in Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the Design industry or within a consulting environment.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top