Business Centre Sector Lead (BCSL) - Water
Your Opportunity: We are actively seeking a new Business Centre Sector Lead (BCSL) to join our Water Business line to be based in our Winnipeg, Manitoba office. Stantec's Water Team has a strong local presence but also participates in some of Stantec's largest and most complex water projects. The successful candidate will be someone with exceptional leadership, communication and business acumen who will help set the vision for how the practice expands its business within Manitoba and Northern Ontario and to lead the integration of BC1112 into Stantec projects throughout North America and Internationally. The focus of the position will be to help further diversify the client and project base of the Winnipeg water team, partner with the other water business centre leaders in the day-to-day operation of the group and support the other Stantec business centre leaders through cross-selling and resource sharing and to personally participate in the securing and execution of strategic projects.
This senior level position reports to the Regional Business Leader for the Water Group and works collaboratively with Stantec's Water Leadership team. This role will involve providing technical direction and guidance at the business centre level, as well as identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
Your Duties: Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Centre, and supporting the Managing and Discipline Leads to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Leading local business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of engineering professionals in Manitoba to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans.
- Leading the development of the annual business plan and assisting in the development of the budget for the business center.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Water Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Leading growth in revenue for Manitoba and Northern Ontario Projects and document progress through the use of action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
- Building a strong technical quality culture, identifying technical gaps within teams and working with local leadership to address gaps.
- Attracting key staff to Stantec's Water team to facilitate growth.
- Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with business center, regional and national sector leadership to achieve key performance indicators.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders.
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the Business Centre.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Qualifications
- Post-graduate degree, or a B.Sc. with at least 10 years professional experience.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Manitoba market.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding of the various water consultancy sectors (treatment, conveyance, water resources).
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Manitoba is considered a strong asset).
- Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the successful candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position.
- The Business Centre Sector Lead must be an individual who has the strengths, experience and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top