Business Center Sector Leader
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently seeking a Business Center Sector Lead. The BCSL reports to the Regional Business Leader for Water and is the recognized business development leader for a local market geography and is accountable for the attainment of the area's top line growth goals. Responsibilities of this position include the following:
Business Development/Client Service Management
• Lead business development and marketing efforts to grow Stantec's water business line in the New York metropolitan area.
• Develop and implement the growth strategy and business development plan in conjunction with the overall regional strategy and plan.
• Provide sales leadership on strategic pursuits; assemble pursuit teams and manage capture strategy and tactics providing leadership and direction.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of marketing and sales processes, capture planning, industry trends, contracting mechanisms, and competitors in your market place.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
• Work with client service teams to win work with new and existing clients.
Project Delivery and Technical Oversight
• Take a leadership role on specific projects that may include serving as client service manager, strategic advisor, and/or technical lead or subject matter expert.
• Work with project staff and subject-matter experts to develop innovative solutions for clients.
• Participate on technical review committees and support technical delivery for Stantec projects locally and in other offices.
• Support technical teams and manage local area staff.
• Meet scope, schedule, budget, and quality goals.
• Deliver excellent client service.
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the Water Industry and New York City Water market and market trends with emphasis on strategy and business development. With professional registration and a minimum of 20 years of experience in the development and execution of water planning/design/construction projects, the candidate will have strong qualifications in business development, client service management, and project management. Strong leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position. Prior consulting experience, within the Water sector, and established client and agency contacts are desirable. A successful BCSL will possess strong communication and business development skills and be a results-oriented individual who excels in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. The candidate will have a desire to succeed, be enthusiastic, and possess a high degree of integrity.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top