Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL)
Your Opportunity We are an integrated design practice that passionately believes that thoughtful, responsible and inspirational design positively impacts our experience of place, society and each other .
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Our team of interdisciplinary Architects, Interior Designers, Engineers, Technologists, Project Management and Sustainability Specialists all collaborate to effect good and meaningful design. This collaborative spirit is our foundation. It is what we do - it is in our DNA and we strive for constant improvement.
Stantec has built a substantive knowledge and resource network that supports our professional endeavors. This is what makes us unique - we have recognized depth of skill and capability to deliver significant projects locally and a wealth of readily-available resources, expertise and thought-leaders to address our client and project needs. Overall, Stantec's integrated Architecture & Engineering practice (Buildings Group) is comprised of approximately 3,600 staff, in 6 countries across over 75 offices.
Our integrated Manitoba design practice has gained recognition locally, regionally and nationally for our excellence in design through prestigious design awards. We have experienced significant growth over the past 5 years to over 90 staff and continue to commit our efforts to the procurement of quality urban and regionally-based projects.
We now seek an individual, in the role of Sector Leader, to form part of the leadership team and charting our future course and success. The Sector Leader is responsible to develop client relationships, lead business development activities and provide mentorship to emerging leaders within our practice. In addition to playing a pivotal role in leading the way towards diversifying our client and project base as well as participating in securing and executing strategic projects; the Sector Leader is instrumental in shaping the firm's vision and purpose within Stantec's commitment to quality design and design for communities.
This senior-level position reports to the Regional Business Leader for Buildings, Canada West and works collaboratively with Stantec's Leadership team in Manitoba. The Manitoba BCSL is located in our Winnipeg office.
Your Duties Practice Leadership
- Work collaboratively within the balanced leadership model and leadership team of the BC Managing Leader (Finance & Admin) and BC Discipline Leader (Design Quality & Standards) in charting and managing the direction of the practice.
- Participate with the leadership team in developing annual goal statements and strategies.
- Participate with all Manitoba leadership in quarterly progress and strategy meetings.
- Participate in the annual and semi-annual staff career development reviews.
- Participate in strategies of attracting key staff to Stantec's team to facilitate growth.
- Chair weekly Discipline Leadership (A/ID/E/ Sustainability) meetings.
- Maintain project leadership role in select projects through guidance and management of service delivery of the Project Team.
- Lead local and regional business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of architectural/engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Lead in developing the annual business plan and budget for the practice and working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Sustain and grow revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Centre, and working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to achieve key performance metrics.
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Develop, review and approve proposals of business development opportunities in accordance with Stantec best practice policies.
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attend selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (e.g. Board posts and committee memberships).
- Prepare and manage an internal emerging business developers program.
- Oversee monitoring of pursuits through Stantec Pipeline, assess win-loss data and maintain tracking of client satisfaction levels.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Degree in Architecture at the Bachelor or Masters level.
- Registration as a Professional Architect with the Manitoba Associations of Architects.
- 15+ years of experience in the Architecture industry within a consulting environment.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills with abilities to effectively lead, challenge and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
- Strong understanding of the Manitoba market.
- Experience in responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Manitoba is considered a strong asset).
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Manitoba.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top