Business Center Sector Lead, Water
At Stantec, we have been partnering with our clients for more than 60 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to water and wastewater treatment, conveyance and water resources projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of an established Water practice to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting-edge projects. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design some of the world's most impactful water projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
With projects in nearly every market sector, the variety of projects and clients we work with is nothing short of inspiring. Join this dynamic leadership team, rubbing elbows with the brilliant minds working across the region, and lead one of Stantec's strongest business centers.
An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the Business Center Sector Lead (BCSL) for the Water Business Center (BC) in Calgary, AB. Reporting directly to the Regional Business Leader (RBL), The BCSL is responsible for leading business development activities and accountable for sustaining and growing the net revenue of the BC, while working collaboratively with the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) in support of business operations and project delivery. The BCSL's primary focus is on local and regional clients within Southern Alberta, with support to global and national clients on an as-needed basis. The BCSL will also support the various Stantec business center leaders through cross-selling and resource sharing, and personally participate in securing and executing projects.
- Leads by example, encourages innovation, and provide opportunity to staff.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to the Health and Safety culture within the BC
- Optimizes Stantec's core business processes, and fosters business development excellence.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Water business line, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Coordinates BC business development activities (account management, proposal preparation, business development meetings, client surveys, etc.) with a core group of engineering professionals engaged in business development.
- Sustains and grows revenue within the BC through successful business development, achieving key performance metrics.
- Supports the BCML in achieving key operational performance metrics and supports the BCDL in achieving key delivery performance metrics.
- Collaborates with the BCML, BCDL and other BC leaders, and leads the development of the BC annual business plan.
- Collaborates with the BCML, BCDL and other BC leaders, and participates in the development of the BC annual budget.
- Actively participates in coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders, and participates in staff performance reviews (as required).
- Actively participates in projects to maintain personal utilization targets, including executing strategic projects in a lead role (i.e. Project Manager, Technical Lead) as required.
- Participates in the BC compensation review processes in conjunction with the other BC leaders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of the Water consulting business and Southern Alberta water market specific to treatment, conveyance, and water resources.
- Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Alberta is considered an asset).
- Significant experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
- Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of water projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the highest degree of integrity.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Water related consulting experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, or related equivalent. A Professional Engineering designation and registration with APEGA is required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Please submit a brief letter of interest (one page) in addition to your resume. This letter should include why you wish to become the next BCSL for Stantec Water in Calgary, your qualifications for the position, general approach and strategies to business development and any additional information you believe helpful to our evaluation.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001EE
Back to top