Business Center Sector Lead - Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Take a bold step towards designing your career with Stantec. As a leading professional design services firm, we seek dynamic individuals to contribute to our progress and help define our path. Our Philadelphia Pennsylvania office represents a key hub within our practice and is presently seeking a Business Center Health Sector Leader to focus on the strategic growth of our well-established Health Sector. Responsibilities of this role include working with the health team to develop short term and long-term goals and vision; developing client relationships; leading business development activities; and continuing our growth and success in our local market. This role is also responsible for leading strategic national initiatives, projects, and diversifying our client and project base. In addition to the external development activity, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce Stantec's national brand.
The role of Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) is integral to the success of the office and to Stantec. We believe all our leaders should remain engaged in projects and contribute in a meaningful way to making our clients more successful. The BCSL reports directly to the Regional Business Leader (RBL) and has the following responsibilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Enhance the existing health business plan and strategy and update annually, supported with actionable tactics to sustain and grow the Healthcare Group in the Philadelphia Business Center. The plan should build on the vision, goals, talent, resources, portfolio and current projects designed and delivered in Philadelphia as well as healthcare leadership, vision and projects from the wider Stantec Health Sector.
- Assess current clients and potential clients in the region and develop a plan for contacting them to understand potential projects and to introduce Stantec.
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center, and working collaboratively with the other Business Center Leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Leading / supporting local business development pursuits and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Working with the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) and other BC leaders, assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Supporting overall Buildings Sector leadership and account managers in strategic pursuits.
- It is anticipated that the role would be engaged directly on project work approximately 40-50% of the time, contributing to a minimum of $2m contracts sold after year one, gross revenue annually.
- Establish a culture of design excellence in all our pursuits.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the BC.
- Assist the BCML and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) on the performance review process, goal setting and ongoing dialogue for staff, salary reviews, and bonus evaluations.
- Working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to set and achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals across Stantec.
- Collaborate with Regional and National Sector Leader's (SL's) to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
- Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, MEP Engineering) and other business lines (i.e. Community Development / Civil Engineering, process engineering, environmental engineering, infrastructure, etc.).
Marketing and Business Development:
- Developing and stewarding marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, relationship management and client surveys.
- Overseeing post-win deliverables internal to Stantec (i.e. key performance indicators, community site articles, information to Marketing for internal resource and business development and opportunity management platforms.
- Maintain presence within local, regional, and national award submissions, speaking opportunities and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material.
- Assist in the development of a PR strategy at the local level in concert with Stantec's public relations strategy.
- Be responsible for developing and managing the Sector portion of the Business Center's (BC) Marketing & Business Development (M&BD) plan including implementation of strategies for "strategic pursuits" growing our reputation and net revenue within the BC and Region.
- Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
- Lead the Principal and Leadership Group in the development of the annual business plan and budget for the BC.
- Manage project financials as the Principal for key accounts and / or strategic projects including responsibility for revenue growth, financial performance, accounts receivable, and overall account health.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the regional Healthcare market.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Architecture and Engineering is considered a strong asset).
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- The Health-Business Center Sector Leader must be an individual who has the strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Philadelphia.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Engineering or related degree.
- Professional License in Architecture, Interior Design or Engineering preferred.
- 10 years of experience in business development in the architecture/interior design/engineering industry in the regional market.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900038C
Back to top