Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) Transportation
Your Opportunity: Stantec is looking for a Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) for our Transportation sector in the South Central US Region. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties: An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the BCML for the Transportation Business Center (BC) within the Texas South Central Region. The BCML is responsible and accountable for the BC's operations/financial management and providing support to the Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) regarding delivery of professional services throughout the state of Texas. The BCML implements effective business strategies and motivates other Team Leaders and Project Managers within the BC to deliver on targeted objectives. The BCML is expected to maintain contact with key clients by taking part in business development activities, contributing to proposals and projects, reviewing client agreements, etc. The BCML reports directly to the Regional Leader (RL) and personal utilization targets for the BCML will be set in consultation with the RL. It is strongly preferred that this person be based out of Houston.
The specific roles and responsibilities of this opportunity are:
- Overall fiscal and operational responsibility/performance for the group.
- Manage recruiting and staff training within the BC.
- Identify and actively manage business development and enhancement opportunities.
- Participate in/lead proposal preparation /consultation.
- Implement /manage continuous improvement of systems and technology.
- Lead by example, encourage innovation, and provide opportunity.
- Maintain client engagement while upholding personal utilization targets.
- Establish /maintain Stantec's position as one of the top three professional services firms in the region for Transportation.
- Prepare an annual BC strategic business plan outlining the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation, and to set specific goals for performance and/or growth for the BC, as well as prepare the annual budget.
- Ensure that Health and Safety key performance indicators are achieved and take the lead on developing a Health and Safety culture within the BC.
- Ensure the delivery of the BC's employee compensation, career development and performance reviews, and bonus allocation processes in conjunction with the other BC leaders.
- Ensure compliance with Stantec's policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the BC.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The ideal candidate will possess strong operational /financial management, project management, leadership, team building, people management and communication skills and will be a results-oriented individual. You will have at least 20 years of professional experience and have a thorough understanding of the Transportation market in the Texas, including TxDOT. You have a desire to succeed, are enthusiastic, and possess the highest degree of integrity.
- 20 years transportation planning, or design experience
- 10 years management experience
- Engineering degree and TX PE license
- Relationships with major Texas transportation and transit agencies (preferably with TxDOT throughout the state, and specifically in the Houston area)
- Strong professional references
- Proven / verifiable leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record leading operations, developing clients and delivering projects in the transportation market
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top