Business Center Managing Leader
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience.
Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) for the Transportation Business Center (BC) in the US Southwest region. The BCML is responsible and accountable for the BC's operations/financial management and providing support to the Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) regarding delivery of professional services throughout the Southwest. The BCML implements effective business strategies and motivates other Team Leaders and Project Managers within the BC to deliver on targeted objectives. The BCML is expected to maintain contact with key clients by taking part in business development activities, contributing to proposals and projects, reviewing client agreements, etc. The BCML reports directly to the Regional Leader (RL) and personal utilization targets for the BCML will be set in consultation with the RL.
- Employs efficient resource management, manages operations, ensures the effective delivery of professional services, and drives financial performance for all Transportation services in the US Southwest region, while collaborating with other Stantec leadership within the region and across North America.
- Sustains and grows the net revenue, gross margin, and operating income.
- Manages recruiting and staff training within the BC.
- Identifies and actively manages business development and enhancement opportunities.
- Participates in/leads proposal preparation /consultation.
- Implements /manages continuous improvement of systems and technology.
- Leads by example, encourage innovation, and provide opportunity.
- Maintains client engagement while upholding personal utilization targets.
- Prepares an annual BC strategic business plan outlining the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation, and to set specific goals for performance and/or growth for the BC, as well as prepare the annual budget.
- Ensures that Health and Safety key performance indicators are achieved and take the lead on developing a Health and Safety culture within the BC.
- Ensures the delivery of the BC's employee compensation, career development and performance reviews, and bonus allocation processes in conjunction with the other BC leaders.
- Ensures compliance with Stantec's policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the BC.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong operational /financial management skills,
- A leader
- Excellent team building, people management and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the transportation market in the US Southwest Region.
- A desire to succeed
- Possesses the highest degree of integrity.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 15 years of related experience including senior project management experience and 10 years of supervisory experience with a transit or transportation design focus.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top