Business Center Managing Leader
communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined,
collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're
driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields,
collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are
impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your
passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable,
resilient, and livable. Join
our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists for a highly-motivated individual to become the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) for the Community Development Business Center (BC) in the US Southwest region, with staff currently in Reno, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix and Tucson offices. The BCML is responsible and accountable for the BC's operations/financial management and providing support to the Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) regarding delivery of professional services throughout the Southwest. The BCML implements effective business strategies and motivates other Team Leaders and Project Managers within the BC to deliver on targeted objectives. The BCML is expected to maintain contact with key clients by taking part in business development activities, contributing to proposals and projects, reviewing client agreements, etc. The BCML reports directly to the Regional Leader (RL) and personal utilization targets for the BCML will be set in consultation with the RL. The successful BCML candidate will have flexibility in terms of their assigned office location, which will be discussed during the interview process and coordinated with the RL before finalizing arrangements.
- Employs efficient resourcemanagement, manages operations, ensures the effective delivery ofprofessional services, and drives financial performance for all CommunityDevelopment services in the US Southwest region, while collaborating withother Stantec leadership within the region and across North America.
- Sustains and grows the netrevenue, gross margin, and operating income.
- Manages recruiting and stafftraining within the BC.
- Identifies and actively managesbusiness development and enhancement opportunities.
- Participates in/leads proposalpreparation /consultation.
- Implements /manages continuousimprovement of systems and technology.
- Leads by example, encourage innovation,and provide opportunity.
- Maintains client engagementwhile upholding personal utilization targets.
- Prepares an annual BC strategicbusiness plan outlining the vision, focus, and priorities forimplementation, and to set specific goals for performance and/or growthfor the BC, as well as prepare the annual budget.
- Ensures that Health and Safetykey performance indicators are achieved and take the lead on developing aHealth and Safety culture within the BC.
- Ensures the delivery of theBC's employee compensation, career development and performance reviews,and bonus allocation processes in conjunction with the other BCleaders.
- Ensures compliance withStantec's policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the BC.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong operational and financialmanagement skills,
- Results-oriented andenthusiastic leadership skills
- Excellent team building, peoplemanagement and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of theCommunity and Land Development market in the US Southwest Region.
- Possesses the highest degree ofintegrity.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or
equivalent with minimum 15 years of work relevant experience, including as a senior
project manager and 10 years of supervisory experience within a consulting
organization, with preference on a design focused organization.
Position will primarilywork in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not
a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be
required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may
be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where
the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work,
and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Reno
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Chandler, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000T4
Back to top