Buildings Team Lead
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
We are seeking a Buildings Engineering Lead in our Red Deer, AB office with excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong leadership skills. This is a dynamic work environment where you will play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects, from initial planning through design and construction, along with mentoring of staff and the fostering of client relationships. The role also requires the successful candidate to develop business and remain client focused.
- Organizing internal team activities and team members, assigning them accordingly to projects.
- Developing the necessary tools and processes to increase effectiveness of the team, as required.
- Developing new business is a key responsibility of this role. Applicants should have a client base and are outwardly focused.
- Ability to write proposals and develop fee structures.
- Being an active part in developing and mentoring the members of the team, and reviewing the performance or their goals as part of their development plans.
- Acting in engineer-of-record capacity to support projects throughout their different stages, including preliminary design, detailed design and construction support as required.
- Preparing of design calculations and specifications for different projects.
- Producing sketches and provide engineering support/input to drafting.
- Provision of Quality Control and Quality Assurance services
- Leading local business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans.
- Assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center and working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Leading growth in revenue for local projects and documenting progress through the use of action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
- Attracting key staff to Stantec's Buildings team to facilitate growth.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- More than 10+ years of experience working within a Consulting Design Firm, with a focus on Building Services Design and Project Management in varied projects.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program.
- Licensure as a P.Eng. or equivalent is required.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Red Deer market.
- LEED, PMP, or similar green building certification is required.
- Working knowledge of Energy Simulation Programs and MS Office is required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with International Building Codes and Standards.
- Project management experience is desired, with an ability to manage work in a team-oriented environment and see projects through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a high proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing in CSI Master Format.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
If balancing a rewarding career with a healthy lifestyle outside the workplace is important to you, consider Red Deer, Alberta. Red Deer offers the same first-class amenities that you would expect from a large city in a community that maintains the spirit, values, and warmth of a small town. Build your career AND enjoy your life. Red Deer. Please note that we will consider a relocation package for the right candidate.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top