Building Performance Engineer - Junior to Intermediate
Your Opportunity: Stantec's Vancouver and Victoria based Sustainability & Building Performance studio is a collaborative and creative group of multidisciplinary sustainability and energy management professionals. We provide professional consulting in support of high quality and high performance projects, including performance engineering, green building consulting and facilitation, energy management, and energy simulation services.
We work with a diverse group of clients and project types in the health care, education, institutional, airport, commercial, and community development sectors.
Your Duties: We are looking for a self-motivated engineer with specialized expertise in sustainable design and energy management. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to a wide range of green building and sustainable design projects, and will help solidify and grow our performance engineering team in British Columbia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct building Energy & Water Benchmarking analysis. Validate utility consumption profiles using procedures such as regression analysis and weather normalization.
- Conduct ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 Energy & Water Assessments of building assets to identify opportunities for reductions in utility consumption.
- Whole Building Energy Modeling using IES Virtual Environment, eQUEST, EnergyPlus. Perform Building Control Optimization studies. Identify opportunities to reduce utility consumption through revisions to DDC control sequences.
- Assist in delivering Measurement & Verification studies.
- Perform detailed Life Cycle Cost Analysis to guide design team decisions.
- Participate in Research & Development projects to identify opportunities to improve buildings performance.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Essentials:
- Degree in engineering or energy related field(s).
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in the Energy Management field.
- Expertise in conducting ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 Energy Assessments, identifying utility savings opportunities, and providing cost saving estimates.
- A strong background in Mechanical System design/operation, Lighting Technologies and DDC Control strategies is required for this role.
- Excellent report writing & analytical skills is essential.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineer in Training (E.I.T).
- Experience in Building Energy Modelling is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the LEED rating system is highly desirable.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP).
- Knowledge and experience of BC Hydro & FortisBC incentive programs.
- Knowledge of Vancouver & BC Building Codes.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top