British Columbia Land Surveyor (BCLS)
Your Opportunity: The Stantec Geomatics team provides our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we utilize cutting edge technology and innovative solutions to define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
- Working with Project Managers, CAD and field staff to prepare subdivision and right of way plans required for large-scale residential and Transportation developments
- Mentoring junior staff in respect to proper survey methodologies and techniques
- Quality control of survey plans and field work
- In conjunction with the leadership team, recommending and implementing procedures to improve productivity and quality
- Assist in the expansion of the Geomatics group's growth
- Contribute to the group's collective professional experience
- Project management duties and client interaction
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Ideal candidates will be a registered, practicing British Columbia Land Surveyor (BCLS) with a diploma or degree from a recognized institution.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in land development as well as experience in project management, client management, and team leadership
- Experience in transportation, environmental and industrial sectors is considered an asset
- Familiar with all levels of surveying and geomatics procedures, project management, and client relations
- Excellent computer and computer drafting skills (Civil3D preferred )
- Skilled in GPS/GNSS and Robotic Optical survey Instruments.
- Strong attention to detail and expertise in building client relationships are also essential requirements for the role
- Working as a strong member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Valid driver's license and clear driving record for the past five (5) years
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top