Bridge Inspector - Team Leader
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New York City office has an immediate need for a talented, Bridge Inspector Team Leader with a minimum of 5 years of experience in bridge inspection. The position requires a New York State PE license, and will work out of our 5th Avenue office. This position is for an individual with solid experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level on a variety of transportation projects, and leading project teams. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, and grow your career.
Our team has a passion for the work that they do, and we're looking for candidates with a similar passion. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and contribute to the inspection component of bridge projects throughout New York Metro Area.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The work will include field inspection of various bridges in the New York City (NYC) Metro.
- You will be responsible for meeting the demands of high profile clients, including NYSDOT, Port Authority of NY & NJ, TBTA, and NYCDOT.
- You will also be responsible for bridge condition evaluation, documentation, and directing the inspection team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Completed NYSDOT Bridge Inspection Workshop or 2 week NHI course
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available for flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Local NYC metro area experience and experience with NYSDOT, Port Authority of NY&NJ, TBTA and NYCDOT are preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of New York. Minimum of 5 years of bridge inspection experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002WA
Back to top