Bridge Inspector- Team Leader
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The candidate will be the Team Leader performing bridge inspections, writing and reviewing inspection reports, training other bridge inspectors, and performing various Project Management duties on bridge inspection contracts depending on experience and previous project management experience. The candidate will go to various sites and projects throughout Maryland, and the United States to provide hands-on structural inspections of bridges and other transportation related structures as per the National Bridge Inventory (NBI) and AREMA. Office duties will include report writing, review, and project management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs bridge inspection of simple and complex bridges
- Performs bridge inspection report writing and reviewing
- Assist other offices with bridge inspections
- Assists with and perform Project Management duties on bridge inspection contracts
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of national and state bridge inspection methods, evaluations, and report preparation
- Proficient in the use of bridge inspection and asset management programs
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, and various structures
- Ability to travel in/out of Maryland periodically (10-15%)
- Ability to climb ladders, and work at heights using various bridge inspection access equipment
Education and Experience
Five years of bridge inspection experience or bachelor's degree in engineering and two years of bridge inspection experience. Inspection experience includes large complex bridges and bridges with fracture critical members.
Successful Completion of the following:
- FHWA/NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- FHWA/NHI Bridge Inspection Refresher Training (within last 5 years)
- FHWA/NHI Inspection of Fracture Critical Bridges
- FHWA/NHI Inspection and Maintenance of Ancillary Highway Structures (preferred)
- FHWA/NHI Tunnel Safety Inspection (preferred)
Position will work in an office setting and require field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002O3
Back to top