Bridge Engineer in Training
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Bridge EIT is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Bridge Engineer. The Bridge EIT will work under close supervision of a Senior Bridge Engineer to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering systems or products for a project.
A Bridge Engineer in Training will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with typical projects including development of construction plans, specifications, cost estimate, engineering reports and studies for infrastructure projects, including bridges, transportation related structures, and other structural elements.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Select and apply appropriate design criteria to perform minor, major, and complex bridge design and load rating assignments
- Performs basic engineering calculations
- Assists in the preparation of engineering project documents, such as design calculations, pertaining to specific projects
- Prepare high quality contract documents (plans, specifications, and estimates) for the construction of structures such as bridges, retaining walls, box culverts, and sign trusses
- Prepare bridge inspection field note packets
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions
- Utilizes relevant software packages to perform structural design and analysis (STAAD, Leap Bridge, AASHTOWare, MDX, InspectTech, MathCAD, and spreadsheets)
- Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare working and final drawings in accordance with client standards (MicroStation, AutoCAD)
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned, and able to be cross trained for related civil engineering disciplines including roadway, geotechnical, and site design
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team
- Some working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues
- Microstation experience is a plus
- Experience with bridge inspection is a plus
- Experience with structural design is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree in structural engineering preferred) or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Fundamentals Exam (FE) certified is a plus. Any Intern experience in bridge design, analysis, or inspection will also be a plus
Position will work both an office setting and in the field. Field work may require significant time spent out of town.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Job: Structural Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000QK
Back to top