Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind .
Your Duties We are currently looking to fill the position of Bridge Engineer within our Transportation group. This position will be based out of our Atlanta office.
- Design of highway bridges incorporating GDOT practices and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Design of railroad bridges incorporating AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering practices
- Conducting engineering investigations including feasibility studies, cost and risk analyses
- Bridge evaluations including inspections and load ratings as well as completing bridge construction plans and specifications.
- Use of advanced bridge analysis/design software
- Preparing engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates
- Bridge construction inspection and review of shop drawings
- Perform overall project management activities including preparing proposals, budgeting, scheduling and allocating work as appropriate
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Georgia, or the ability to obtain your PE within 6 months of employment
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in bridge and structural design engineering and project management; experience within Georgia is preferred
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability is essential in your work with multi-disciplinary team members and clients; a strong work ethic is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision and high personal standards for quality control
- Good writing skills required in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and related project documentation
- Passing of 16 hour Structural Exam preferred, but not required. * Candidate will agree to take the exam within the first year of employment .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top