- Markham, Canada
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Bridge Engineer based in our Markham office. The Transportation Group is growing and consists of about 40 multi-disciplined staff that are involved in the planning and design of roads and bridges for MTO, Metrolinx, municipalities, and railway owners. These projects encompass the entire life of the facility - from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction oversight. Are you excited by and passionate about this interesting and challenging field of engineering?
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Bridge Engineer in our Markham Transportation Group, you will be responsible for assisting senior bridge engineers and design teams in the following areas:
- Execution and delivery of projects including planning, preliminary design and detail design
- Development of structural rehabilitation and replacement strategies, completing structural analysis, design for a variety of transportation structures
- Preparing contract drawings, design details, and reports for various bridge types and other transportation structures
- Supervising and mentoring junior bridge engineers and bridge technologists
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in our multi-disciplined design office
- Coordination with sub-consultants
- Undertaking bridge, culvert and other structural inspections to assess condition
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid knowledge of relevant bridge design codes, particularly CHBDC
- Knowledge of MTO bridge design practice manuals, standards and policies
- Familiarity with the Ontario Structural Inspection Manual and Structural Manual
- Experience with structural modelling and design software such as SAP2000 or equivalent
- Experience in structural routine and non-routine inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic attitude with interest in skills development and continual improvement
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Education and Experience
Degree in Civil Engineering, focusing on structural engineering, with preference for individuals with or working towards registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) Minimum of 5 years of bridge-related work experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 20000194
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top