- Manchester, NH
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer is to lead engineering teams on large and small bridge design and rehabilitation projects throughout New England; with a focus on New Hampshire and Maine. They will be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the development and delivery of successful structural projects such as culverts, local bridges, highway bridges and railroad structures.
The Senior Structural Engineer will provide direct supervision; act as an advisor and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for managing the scope and integration of subcontractors and employees. It is expected that the Senior Structural Engineer supports business development and the delivery of proposals. Under general supervision, plan, design, and direct structural engineering projects. Prepares proposals and cost estimates and evaluates all project progress and recommends changes, if needed, in final procedures. Assists with recruiting additional Structural design staff to develop a sustainable bridge design group in Stantec's New Hampshire office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage projects completely, including the managing of client relationships and bringing in new clients
- Supervises the work of other engineers;Responsible for the review and sealing of projects
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents
- Liaises with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to lead a team through all phases of project document production
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Proficient in relevant design software; Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members in other Stantec offices.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to other
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in bridge design, load rating, inspection and rehabilitation.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Other Locations: United States-Maine-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000350
Back to top