BioPharma Project Director - Owner Representative
- New York, NY
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to ribbon cutting, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical
experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's
objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and
entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource
assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec seeks an Owner's Representative for a Project Director level position based out of our New York,
NY office. You will be responsible for the development of a new manufacturing facility for biopharmaceutical products, located in Pennsylvania, on behalf of our US Buildings Program Management practice.
You will represent client leadership to assemble and manage a project delivery team comprised of design and construction industry professionals to achieve the best possible outcome, from start to finish. In your role as Project Director, you will work with experienced leaders who respect and appreciate your talents. We understand innovation starts with you and hope to learn more about your approach to this exciting profession. We seek detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful individuals capable of performing well under pressure. You will be expected to create an environment of professionalism in all forms of communication while encouraging teammates to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Candidates shall have a related degree or applicable credentials in design, construction or project management and possess strong interpersonal, communications, planning, scheduling, cost controls and management skills. We recruit for careers, not projects.
- Manage the development of a new manufacturing facility
- Lead the effort to assemble the project team including preparation of RFPs and contract execution
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the building application process and Applicable Regulatory Process in Pennsylvania or Federally, including applicable cited codes
- Develop/update project budgets and schedules throughout the life of the project
- Manage/coordinate design, construction, and occupancy activities with project team Prepare and delegate when appropriate, meeting notes for distribution to the project team
- Maintain a clear understanding of objectives with the client and project team
- Organize and implement procedures for timely review and approval of all project controls
- Prepare a Monthly Report to client, based on input from the project team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of preconstruction/project development process and requirements including scheduled and budget
- Understanding of contracts (negotiations, language, and requirements).
- Demonstrated ability to lead project team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
Education and Experience
7-15 years' experience managing projects and leading project teams.
Biopharmaceutical sector experience related to design and construction of buildings.
Bachelor's degree in related field, such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business, or equivalent degree.
Professional Registration a plus.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001EB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top