Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
You will perform program research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring, inspections/enforcement, and technical support services in relation to biology. You will also write reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost effective manner.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and coordinate the natural environment component of projects and programs;
- Lead and mentor project teams, field staff and project managers undertaking renewable energy, oil and gas, and other development projects;
- Assist with field work tasks, as needed, such as breeding bird surveys, vegetation community assessments, wetland delineation and classification, species at risk surveys;
- Provide input to the career development of more junior staff, including training recommendations, coaching and mentoring;
- Plan, prepare and review technical reports or portions of larger environmental assessments;
- Work with business development teams to respond to Requests for Proposals including defining the scope of work, associated cost and compiling relevant sections of proposal documents;
- Contribute to corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees;
- Liaising with regulators to maintain an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, wildlife and vegetation assessment methodologies and best practices; and
- Travel may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training, leads by example, and applies these policies and procedures as appropriate to their work.
- Solid skills in technical writing.
- Observing and developing skills in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Able to build strong relationships with key clients with respect to their technical area and the broader business objectives in their regions.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the Business Center and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required.
- At least two years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of small to medium projects.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge in GIS software
- Experience with driving boats, trailers and ATV is required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Biology, or related field.
Minimum 5-6 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Professional designation (Biology or R.P.Biology).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations: United States-California-Chico, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-Redding, United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002O0
Back to top