The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Stantec's dynamic Electrical Engineering team is looking for a BIM Technician. With direction from multiple Project Managers and Project Designers, you will assist in the preparation of plans, drawings, details and specifications in accordance with client standards and specifications.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Set up new CAD drawings and Revit models and maintain file structure for projects.
- Work with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Skillfully work in both Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP on 3D projects; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Convert redlines to document-ready work.
- Publish, post, and manage drawing sets.
- Maintain drawing revisions.
- Assist other staff with CAD and Revit issues and mentor design staff in Design Technology systems use.
- Add insight and make recommendations to add efficiencies and value to CAD and BIM production.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD and Revit; and how they are applied within the built environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Building Information Modeling.
- Revit family creation and maintenance.
- Skilled at clash detection in Revit. Clash detection skills with Navisworks is preferred.
- Client-centric, can-do approach to project work and assignments.
- Familiarity with methods of design to support the architectural/engineering field.
- High level of initiative, with ability to synthesize new technologies, industry trends, and client needs to make recommendations and initiative changes that add efficiency and value.
- Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple data points and instructions to timely produce accurate deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards for raceways and cabling systems based upon the NEC (NFPA 70) and TIA Standards.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top