The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
Your Opportunity You will serve as Business Center (BC) representative contributing to Buildings Digital Practice development and implementation of BIM best practices and process improvement. You will also act as BC SME for all design modeling software best practices; provide user support and training and assist leadership and project management in strategic pursuits; and project planning to ensure expectations are clear and scope is defined for successful project execution and client satisfaction. Your core focus will be to provide local leadership, technical expertise, and consistency of product and process in support of Buildings design delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Represents BC/local architectural and/or engineering practice needs via active participation in the monthly Digital Practice Coordination meeting.
- Acts as liaison for BIM related subject matter both internally and externally
- Influences, implements, and supports interdisciplinary standards and process improvements related to digital project delivery
- Provides direction and assistance to project teams with project scope, approach, setup, and delivery including the develop and implementation of BIM Execution Plans (BXP), model matrices, and other supporting digital scope documentation for each project
- Develops families and other electronic content in collaboration with the greater digital practice team to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Reviews projects to ensure quality and cohesion in accordance with firm or client standards
- Evaluates and recommends BIM related technologies
- Creates and leads regular end user support and training
- Communicates corporate initiatives and standards to studio, office or BC
- Provides in-house BIM support
- Proven track record of successful project delivery; AE design projects
- Thorough understanding of Buildings systems design, layout, and coordination
- Expert level knowledge of current modeling, drafting, visualization software required; including but not limited to the Autodesk Buildings suite and associated plug-ins
- Strong understanding of design coordination/clash detection process and technology
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise with all industry business software (Microsoft Office Suite) and project coordination methods (Lean, IPD,…) also expected.
- Ability to respond to and address occasional off-hours project and/or support requirements.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and lead others in BC technology initiatives.
- Expert level Microsoft product user; Office365 Suite including Visio and Project
- Expert knowledge of latest Autodesk products: AutoCAD, Revit, Navis Manage, A360, BIM 360, and BIM 360 Field at a minimum.
- Functional knowledge of other common industry products; Bluebeam, Newforma, Sketchup, dRofus, and ProCore at a minimum.
- Essential attributes include: technical expertise, communication, customer-service oriented, detail-oriented, organized, teamwork and initiative.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an
impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top