BI Developer - OBIEE - ( 200001IQ )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a Senior BI Developer on our Integrated Business Applications team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with Business Analysts, BI Development Team, and other systems analysts to analyze business requirements; and translate them into Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence (DW/BI) solutions
- Consult on BI capabilities and recommend and execute solutions to address business needs and performance requirements
- Extend the Data Warehouse with data from new sources, applying: data lineage analysis; PL/SQL schema DDL design; and OBIEE business model and content development
- Design, develop, and implement DW/BI solutions using: Oracle Data Warehouse Data Model, OBIA/ODI, OBIEE RPD business models, and OBIEE dashboards
- Define, design, document and implement required customizations and extensions to existing models. Analyze impact on DW/BI application before making any changes to the system
- Perform peer design and code review
- Effectively communicate highly technical information to functional, technical team members and management
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Database and application development experience using formal software development life cycle
- Solid experience in designing, developing and implementing an enterprise DW/BI system using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Application (OBIA) architecture and pre-built data models
- Experience with at least one OBIA Analytics module (Finance, Projects, HR)
- Experience with extracting Oracle Cloud (SAAS) data and loading into on-premise OBIA
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) or Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of EBS application modules (Oracle Projects, HRMS, GL, FA, AP, AR, PO, etc.) and their integration into the overall Oracle suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Applications Development or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the Oracle Datawarehouse/Business Intelligence environment
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada
Job : Application and Systems Administration
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 19, 2021, 7:23:29 AM
Req ID: 200001IQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans