BI Developer (6 month contract)
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a BI Developer on our Integrated Business Applications team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with Business Analysts, BI Team, and other systems analysts to analyze business requirements; and translate them into Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence (DW/BI) solutions
- Consult on BI capabilities and recommend solutions to address business needs
- Extend the Data Warehouse with data from new sources, applying: data lineage analysis; PL/SQL schema DDL design; and OBIEE business model and content development
- Design, develop, and implementation of DW/BI solutions using: Oracle Data Warehouse Data Model, OBIA (ODI), OBIEE RPD business models, and OBIEE dashboards
- Define, design, document and implement required customizations and extensions to existing models. Analyze impact on DW/BI application before making any changes to the system
- Perform peer design and code review
- Effectively communicate highly technical information to functional, technical team members and management
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Database and application development experience using formal software development life cycle
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing an enterprise DW/BI system using OBIEE.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Experience with ODI
- Experience with OBIA architecture and pre-built data models
- Experience with extracting Oracle HCM Cloud data and loading into on-premise OBIA.
- Experience with at least one OBIA Analytics module (Finance, Projects, HR)
- Knowledge of EBS application modules (Oracle Projects, HRMS, GL, FA, AP, AR, PO, etc.) and their integration into the overall Oracle suite is an ASSET
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Applications Development or related field; Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
* this is a 6 month contract role & can be located anywhere in North America
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Broomfield, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, United States-Florida-Miami, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, United States-New York, United States-Texas, United States-North Carolina, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, United States-California, United States-Washington, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay, Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002L8
Back to top