Aviation Project Manager
- Denver, CO
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's highly talented group of aviation infrastructure professionals design airfields in the United States, Canada, and internationally. Though the world of aviation may seem complicated to people on the outside of the fence, our professionals work together as an integral team, relying on each other's expertise to create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving worldwide. Working with the communities we serve in mind, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services for airports that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Are you passionate about aviation? Stantec Consulting Services Inc. is looking for an Aviation Project Manager to join our team! The Aviation Project Manager will focus on the planning, design, and construction administration/observation of airfields and support airside/landside facilities. Directs one or more project teams in the development of contract plans for aviation projects according to established engineering standards and state and federal policies. Works closely with the Regional Business Leader, Aviation Business Center Sector Leader, and National Sector Leader. Works on multiple aviation projects ranging from general aviation to large hub airports many of which possess complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manages landside and airside contracts with a variety of airport clients.
- Attends Board meetings at various General Aviation airports, provides guidance to the airport boards, and works with Business Center Sector Leader to perform project development/communication with those Boards.
- Markets, in coordination with the Regional Business Leader and Business Center Sector Leader, various commercial service and general aviation airports.
- Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, coordinates project resources, and monitors project progress.
- Reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Thorough knowledge and application of FAA design standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of FAA and state airport capital funding processes.
- Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Provides direction and coordinates staff necessary to complete assignments on schedule and within budget per the contract.
- Prepares and/or reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments and projects.
- Interacts with clients, customers, regulatory and funding agencies, contractors, and others.
- Will coordinate the work of other engineers and/or technicians who assist in specific assignments.
- Gathers data and information required in the development of aviation grants and facilities.
- May be required to assist and participate in the preparation of funding grant applications.
- Monitors contractor's construction effort and quality.
- Analyzes and interprets construction plans and specifications; seeks assistance from design engineer where intent is not clear.
- May prepare and present public reports to a variety of audiences.
- Attend project meetings and may present specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- May assist and/or lead the preparation of proposals.
- Follows all in-house procedures related to documentation of designs, process flow, filing, quality control, etc.
- Assists with client, customer, or official contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Actively participates in the marketing process by delivering quality work, providing excellent client service and assisting with project pursuits and marketing efforts.
- Keeps current with the engineering profession in theory and practice, especially in area of specialty;
- Represents the organization at professional organizations.
- Represents the firm in digital communication and conferences pertaining to broad aspects of engineering assignments.
- Contributes to the vision, growth and advancement to Stantec's Airport Sector.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to manage all aspects of aviation project development and delivery.
- Experience in successful aviation project pursuits including identifying opportunities, client engagement, developing teaming strategies, developing proposals, and winning new work.
- Ability to coordinate with professional staff to develop multiple assignments.
- Good writing skills.
- Good communication, multi-tasking, attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Current driver's license and ability to obtain airside security badge at commercial service airports and passing required security background check required.
Education and Experience
Completion of a four (4) year college level academic program in Civil Engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree is mandatory.
10 years of aviation experience with a minimum of 5 years as a PM.
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) required.
Interest and desire to travel on regional and national basis.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an
impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000001F
Back to top