Aviation Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's highly talented group of aviation infrastructure professionals design airfields in the United States, Canada, and internationally. Though the world of aviation may seem complicated to people on the outside of the fence, our professionals work together as an integral team, relying on each other's expertise to create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving worldwide. Working with the communities we serve in mind, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Are you passionate about aviation? Stantec Consulting Services Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Airport Project Engineer to join our successful Aviation Practice. This dynamic individual will be responsible for engineering and leading design efforts for airside and landside airport infrastructure and development projects.
Tasks will include preparation of technical studies and reports, engineering design concepts, construction plans, specifications, opinions of construction costs, and assistance during construction phase services including field observation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrated successful experience with engineering/design of commercial and general aviation airport improvements, including pavement, drainage, utility, and landside/site projects.
- Ability to coordinate and direct efforts of technical staff to develop high-quality deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge and application of FAA design standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of FAA and state airport capital funding processes.
- Expertise using engineering design and office software, including AutoCAD Civil 3-D and MS Office.
- Ability to exercise discretion and balance the need for independent and collaborative efforts.
- Construction administration and observation experience preferred.
- Oversees preparation of as-built plans.
- Excellent communication skills and a skilled problem solver, with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount.
- Excited about being an integral part of a nationally recognized aviation team with a strong passion for excellence and the desire to be a leader in the aviation consulting industry.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Interest and desire to travel on regional and national basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Current driver's license and ability to obtain airside security badge at commercial service airports and passing required security background check required.
Education and Experience
BS in Civil Engineering.
5-10 years of experience in airport/aviation civil engineering.
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) required.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001Q5
Back to top