Avian Biologist Technician
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking an Avian Biologist Technician. This position will be located in our Overland Park, KS office. The individual selected to fill this on-call, seasonal Avian Biologist Technician position will perform data collection which involves assisting project managers, staff scientists and senior scientists with the collection of field and written/tabular data for various types of avian tasks. Examples of data collection activities include:
- Passerine Point-Count Surveys (auditory and visual);
- Raptor Surveys;
- Eagles Surveys;
- Breeding Bird Surveys
- Background data for permit applications and environmental reports;
- GPS data collection and mapping support.
- Report writing : Assist with and prepare portions of written reports, tables, spreadsheets, databases, and maps.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Valid state driver's license
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs
- Undergraduate or Associates Degree or working towards such a degree in biology, ecology, natural resources, wildlife management, soil science or related field
- Willingness to travel and conduct field work in potentially remote areas for extended periods
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Midwest bird species
- Can identify all birds by sight and sound
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top